Mr. Crab has a wormy lunch. (not for the squeamish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
All of the overzealous crabs that hitched in on my LR have been finding themselves captured and relocated to their own crab house, a 20G with an aquaclear 500 and a DSB on it (QT).

Here's one of them enjoying an earthworm from the garden. Gross.

I have also spotted these crabs eating aiptasia and by golly I have the pics to prove it. hehe... :p

Eeeeeewww!

Cool though... and anything that eats aiptasia is good in my book. Why did you have to move them out of your display?

kreach said:
Why did you have to move them out

They are stone crab variety crabs that rode in on my live rock. Fun to watch, but they will eat almost anything that strikes their fancy and they are always tearing up mushrooms and wrecking stuff and knocking over rocks and eating my coral. :?

So, ousted they get! ha ha

Thanks for the 5 stars MrMarine hehe :wink:

A nuisance crab to be sure but I do not think it's a stone crab. The carapace shape and longer legs suggest a type of decorator crab.

Cheers
Steve

Could be but I think the carapace is too long. If I'm not mistaken most all mithrax have a wider posterior and more blunted. Decorator species would be more rounded.

I'll search later and see what I come up with... :?:

Cheers
Steve

Thanks, Steve. I'll keep feeding him shrimp and worms in the meantime. He's so big that even the mantis in there with him stays away from him most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom