Multiple species clown tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just looking at a couple of tanks to get some inspiration and came across more than one with different species of clownfish. They will be going in my 325g tank and I was wondering what are some that are less likely to be overly aggressive. I currently have 3 perculas

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a really good question. In the wild you rarely see them mix with other types of clowns, but single species school. But they are damsels, so it should be possible in a tank your size as long as there are enough numbers so one fish doesn't get picked on more than others. I can only say the tomato clown would be last on my list. But they are as territorial as you can get, so it may just be a recipe to a blood bath. One thing for sure is that cleaning the tank with bare hands would become a thing of the past.

As a uw photographer, you learn when shooting hoards of clown fish to get in and get out fast. They can make their presence known.

One thing, they live 20-30 years, so what works today is no guarantee to what happens in a few years.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245520

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom