Mushroom Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought 2 mushrooms about a week ago, everything seemed fine, went to sleep, the next day 1 mushroom completely dissapeared! The rock it came attached to is still in the same spot. The other mushroom looked like it was shredded? Whitish center and purple things that look like octopus tentacles on the edge. I tried to get a pic and this is the best one. It's still in the tank, looks pretty much the same, maybe slightly bigger and more purple (was a purple mushroom) Do you have any ideas?? Do you think it's still alive??
0022.jpg (it's in the center of rock)

they are alive but not happy. what are your parameters? what kind of lighting? how is everything else doing? still have the galaxia and the other corals listed in your "my tanks" link?

mr x- just tested....Nitrite 0ppm, Ammonia 0ppm, Ph 8.2, Nitrate between 0 and 5 ppm. Everything else is doing great.....any ideas

here are some pics of the other corals...how do they look to you? I forgot to say I have 2 39w daylight 2 39w actinics on the 30 gal tank.
029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

a little over a month. I just got the mushroom last week, also with a kenya tree which looks great

ooh..get rid of the kenya tree quick! LOL you'll be sorry that invasive weed is in the tank.
meanwhile, i don't know what's wrong with the shrooms. i would try moving them to a different area of the tank. something with less light and flow perhaps. if the parameters aren't bad, it's the position (light, flow..etc.)

They are probably just stressed like Mr. X has said. If they were under drastically different lighting where you got them from, it can take them several weeks to completely photo-acclimate. Definitely keep them out of flow for now. Do you have and shrimp or something that might be crawling on them? If they aren't used to that, they will close up constantly.

Ok guys, now the mushroom that does not look so hot seems to have split!! There are 2 of them now...still looks the same only 2 with a definite space in between! I'll try to get a pic.....also I moved it to a spot that's darker in the tank...

Back
Top Bottom