Mushroom looks funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goisles1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not HA HA Funny :)

My first Corals seem to be doing fine after a week+ in my tank. However My Mushroom Cap frag seems smaller lately.. Last night, I came down to deal with a crying baby and I noticed the Mushroom closed up inside itself (does that make sense?). It looked like the cap fell off and all that was left was a stem.

There was a white string attached to it and at the end of it was a little ball of mushroom matter. It was just floating on the end like a kite. That's the best way I can explain it. Perhaps this is part of the process of multiplying?

Anyway, this morn he's open again (still looks smaller) and the little ball is gone.

FWIW, my two other Frags (Zoas and GSP)seem to be doing Awesome

I finally got my Reef Test kit.. Here are my parameters:

Amm = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 0
PH = 8.4
Salinity = 1.025
Calcium = 380-400 (I was doing two drops at a time)
KH = 179PPM or 10dKH
Phosphate = 0
Temp = 79

So - Questions are:

How does my water look for a reef enviornment?

Has anyone seen their mushrooms act this way?

Your parameters look OK. What kind of mushrooms do you have? It almost sounds like reproducing. I have purple mushrooms and would see mushrooms floating around all the time. They will find a place to attach when they can.

Your parameters look OK. What kind of mushrooms do you have? It almost sounds like reproducing. I have purple mushrooms and would see mushrooms floating around all the time. They will find a place to attach when they can.

I can't find the little ball it made anywhere in the tank. I'm sure it's somewhere

Not sure what type it is... Here's a pic of it from the 1st week in the tank:

coral1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom