Mushroom overload! What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't need to frag them. Just cut them off and start sending them to people. I just got a few off of craigslist for $5, tossed them in the tank and they attached to rocks they like.

So now I want some too!!

Do priority shipping and have people send you money through PayPal.

I don't have pay pal. Seems I'm behind the times. My wife's cousin is setting one up for me this weekend. Then I'll have to figure out what to charge for the styrofoam box and priority shipping via USPS. I don't know how much to charge for a mushroom in saltwater. There not small. I'd say medium size maybe?

Convict2161 said:
I don't have pay pal. Seems I'm behind the times. My wife's cousin is setting one up for me this weekend. Then I'll have to figure out what to charge for the styrofoam box and priority shipping via USPS. I don't know how much to charge for a mushroom in saltwater. There not small. I'd say medium size maybe?

Well retail is like 10 i guess, but i think the AA friend discount is a bit less lol

Convict2161 said:
Of course!! Just gotta see what shipping is and if it's worth it...

Lol ya, too much of a hassle then forget about it. Just do flat rate boxes. No weighing needed.

I wouldn't even worry about styrofoam boxes..Put them in heavy duty ziplocks and some newspaper..I have had zoas sent to me this way through the mail a couple times..No problems

Flat rate boxes are fine, you just have to make VERY sure your packaging wont leak. I recommend double bagging at a minimum. You can order the boxes from USPS and they deliver for free or you can pick them up at any Post Office.

I apologize but no. Too much of a hassle and shipping just doesn't out way profit. It would be a wash pretty much. I have some local people that will pick up and then I can a buck here and there. Plus I'm out of work with a back injury so right now getting back and forth to the post office would be a chore for me at the moment :(

If things change I'll be sure to update.

Hey Convict,
( feel weird calling you Convict, btw)
Is that your Harlequin, for your avatar? Been thinking about getting one, I must have 2000 brittle stars all through my system. Getting to the point that I might need to get one.

Flreefer said:
Hey Convict,
( feel weird calling you Convict, btw)
Is that your Harlequin, for your avatar? Been thinking about getting one, I must have 2000 brittle stars all through my system. Getting to the point that I might need to get one.

Haha you can call me Dino if ya like. Convict sounds well... lol you know haha.

Yup that's my Harlequin she's awesome. Expensive dinner though. She eats better then me sometimes lol. A chocolate chip star fish pretty much every month. An she ate all my sand sifters too. But really cool to look at!! Here's a few picks after dropping in a new star.

image-2790732370.jpg

image-3004941019.jpg

image-305703054.jpg

She's dragging it into her den. I only see her when she's hungry.

This is her looking for food.

image-3806644289.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful shrimp Dino! She's pretty good sized to, looks well taken care of.
Think one would get along with a Coral-banded and some peppermints?

Flreefer said:
Beautiful shrimp Dino! She's pretty good sized to, looks well taken care of.
Think one would get along with a Coral-banded and some peppermints?

Well I can answer the peppermint question as I have 2 and 1 blood and they all get along. My fish don't bother her. 2 clowns 2 BC's a yellow spotted goby and a mandarin. She made herself a home beneath a rock and pretty much stays there until she's hungry, she'll come out to let me know, "hey feed me I ate that star and I'm hungry!!" it's pretty much a monthly thing. But she's cool to watch when she goes on the attack and drags it into her den.

That's cool, thanks for the info. I wonder if the reef lobster I have would be cool with one too? Research to be done, before I have an issue, but I would really like to get a Harlequin! Really cool lookin shrimp, one of the nicest IMO, they almost look like mother of pearl.
Best of luck Dino! Tank looks great!

Back
Top Bottom