Mushroom overload! What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it bad? I'm getting mushrooms like CRAZY! There just popping up everywhere. How do you frag them? Some really swell up during the day. There very pretty but are everywhere. All colors and types.

Simple fix man! Grab a couple and ship em my way! Haha

To frag, slice them off the rock and cut them like a pizza. Thatll just get you more though, so i dont think that will fix anything! Haha if you mean frag off the rock, ya i think just cut them off at the bottom

Gboy66 said:
Simple fix man! Grab a couple and ship em my way! Haha

To frag, slice them off the rock and cut them like a pizza. Thatll just get you more though, so i dont think that will fix anything! Haha if you mean frag off the rock, ya i think just cut them off at the bottom

I'll be MORE then happy to ship you all the mushrooms you want! lol seriously if I knew how to ship I would! I have green,red,green/red,blue,purple and striped ones. There all over the place.

Convict2161 said:
I'll be MORE then happy to ship you all the mushrooms you want! lol seriously if I knew how to ship I would! I have green,red,green/red,blue,purple and striped ones. There all over the place.

Dude that would be awesome, and you have such a variety. Its funny, none of my lfs's ever get shrooms, and they are usually pretty common. You should maybe try to turn in some for credit!!

Gboy66 said:
Dude that would be awesome, and you have such a variety. Its funny, none of my lfs's ever get shrooms, and they are usually pretty common. You should maybe try to turn in some for credit!!

I gotta do something! lol. It's becoming a shroom tank! lol

Convict2161 said:
I gotta do something! lol. It's becoming a shroom tank! lol

Haha, well if your cereal about sending some to cali i guess we could look into it! They are pretty hardy.

It's real easy. I honestly think they can survive priority shipping if it's in a 300mi area. Ill also take some lol

I'm in New York. If really interested PM and we'll work something out. I have to research how to frag(I guess that's what it's called) the mushrooms off the rocks. There's literally 100's all over. From bottom(sand bed) to top near outlet. All colors and types. And my Yuma had babies if that makes sense. It moved over and now I have 5 including the original. I must be doing something right lol. I can't keep chaeto alive though lol.

View attachment 95058

View attachment 95059

View attachment 95060

View attachment 95061

Those are the ones I can get pictures of! Tons more.

Last edited:
Your in for a challenge. At the rate you describe and the amount if them you will have a hard time keeping them to a reasonable population.

Mushrooms are very hardy. You can simply cut them off the rock with a razor or scalpel however the foot attached to the rock will grow into another mushroom. Best bet is to get a dremel and cut the sections of rock off. That the mushroom is attached too. Hard to kill them by fragging. Ive seen people put them in blenders and then put the soup in a dish to attach to some like rock rubble or just dump straight in the tank where the bits attach to rock and grow lol.

Convict2161 said:
I'm in New York. If really interested PM and we'll work something out. I have to research how to frag(I guess that's what it's called) the mushrooms off the rocks. There's literally 100's all over. From bottom(sand bed) to top near outlet. All colors and types. And my Yuma had babies if that makes sense. It moved over and now I have 5 including the original. I must be doing something right lol. I can't keep chaeto alive though lol.

Those are the ones I can get pictures of! Tons more.

Very nice shrooms !! Where in ny are you located ? I'm in long island . I also have a problem finding them in my lfs I'm willing to pick up .

I'm overwhelmed with PM's lol. I'm gonna figure everything out, I need to learn how to take them off without damaging them. Then I have to figure a price and shipping method.

Convict2161 said:
I'm overwhelmed with PM's lol. I'm gonna figure everything out, I need to learn how to take them off without damaging them. Then I have to figure a price and shipping method.

Well i was the first asker!! Haha i call dibs.

Nice try rookie;)

Post some pictures...you know that we all have a knack for seeing things in a photo..lol

By the way, I have red, green, blue, and a few that look greenish-brown. But I don't plan on selling or getting rid of mine...lol

Back
Top Bottom