mushrooms move??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
do/can mushrooms move on their own? i had one that came on the bottom of the rock and it seems it ha dislodged itself and is just goin where the current takes it.. should i attach it somewhere or leave it be? if i should attach it, how do i do that?

Yep they can detach themselves from their rock if they don't like their current location (too strong lighting or current). You don't have to attach it anywhere but you should. Just wedge it somewhere or leave it somewhere with little flow. It will attach itself within a few hours or days.

You can just find a nice hole in a rock and let it sit in there and let it move on its own. Thats what I did when two of mine came off.

Also you can try putting them with some rubble in a shot glass. Put a piece of bridal veil over the top of the glass to keep them in there and put the glass in a low flow area of the tank. Check back in 4 or 5 days. They should attatched to the rubble.

Mine detach and just go with the flow. I let them go where they want with supervision. :wink:

melosu58 said:
Mine detach and just go with the flow. I let them go where they want with supervision. :wink:

LOL. well i put it in a hole in one of the rocks, but it seems it is on the move again. i guess ill just let it choose where it wants to be....

Sometimes you just can't fight it. :) I let one of mine drift of when I switched tanks about a month ago and I just saw the mushroom yesturday! Its even in a good spot away from my other corals.

Back
Top Bottom