Mushrooms won’t open up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atrocity123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’ll try and be brief here
Basically I have about 30 green mushrooms on a rock in my 20 gallon nano tank, I have some palm tree corals and some other kind of coral that I have no name for, anyways the others are open and doing fine, but today when I got home most of my shrooms were closed or in the process of closing.
I recently changed to a new led reef light and everything has taken to it really well over the past month, I did a 15% water change yesterday and literally got the gravity and ph to the same as the tank, I’m just wondering why my mushrooms might be closing.
The led is 165watt dimmable, with blues reds green white and yellow and all, I’ve noticed about half way turned up the coral seems to like it, I went just a hair higher on the knob today to see if it’d help even more, I can’t dial the light in on a specific wattage or setting so I’m basically playing a guessing game by trial and error.

Any opinions would be appreciated, I’m sort of new to this, only a couple years experience and some wiki research

Also where should I set the light setting if the max is 165 Watts

Probably light shock if you went from a bad led to a very strong one. 90% of shrooms are unkillable imo. They’ll perk back up eventually

You can always drape a screen or some sort of filter material on top of the aquarium over that “ mushroom “ section of the tank and slowly acclimate it to the new lighting

I had the same kind of problem with mine I just moved them down so they were further away from the light, fun part they move up the rocks as they grow I started out with 3 hairy mushrooms now I have almost 20 they seem to adjust as they grow up

Back
Top Bottom