My 125 basement bar build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
With the new house I finally have space for a nice build. Plan is an "in wall" build across from a horseshoe shaped bar. Will be going with LEDs this time,sump, refugium and a large skimmer.

Here is the space and start of the stand

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 102
Starting to actually look like something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 93
Doors and paint done...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 86
Tank is in and aquascape is finished. Time for water and trim work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 85
Water and trim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 95
After a quicker cycle than I'd like I was offered a buyout on a friends entire system. All or nothing. needing a lot of the equipment and with the price so low I couldn't refuse. This is the live stock that came with. After being forced to fill my tank I added some Doctor tims and am doing daily water changes. Everything is open eating and happy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 88
One half of a pair that hosts this toadstool. Pretty cool picture I think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 94
Blasto I believe? Seems like it's doing well. I picked up several new items including a reef octopus 3000 xp ext, a refugium tank and a top off tank. Hoping to start working on the plumbing this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 85
Does anyone know of any dos or donts with the reef octopus? The guy I got it from had a jebao 6000 feeding it along with the bubble blaster (I think) it comes with. Does it need to sit at any certain height in correlation to the sump?

Does anyone know of any dos or donts with the reef octopus? The guy I got it from had a jebao 6000 feeding it along with the bubble blaster (I think) it comes with. Does it need to sit at any certain height in correlation to the sump?
I've been fussing with mine for months, I don't know if it's just the model o have but I can't get it dialed in. It works great for a while than it doesn't, move it and same thing. Yah, they need to be at a certain height and tubes need to be adjusted.

It'll need a certain water level. If there isn't a water level line already on it you might need to contact the company.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna start today on plumbing on the refugium, skimmer and top off tank. The area behind the display is a closet under the stairs so space is very limited. I'm building a 18"x48" stand and hoping that I can make it work. If not I will modify the stand so it is a "L" shape which will still give be room to move around in the closet lol.

after posts 4 , 5 , 6 , I was thinking to myself how is he going to get the tank in , well you showed me looks like it fit right on in , very nice job I know they'll be many years of enjoyment from it , looks like you scored yourself a bunch of goodies gotta love that blasto it has that inviting look to it keeps drawing me back for more.
oh the part I always dread me and plumbing don't get along . I always hand off any plumbing to my wife it just comes natural to her and she does a neater job than me.
look forward seeing it after everything is complete ,

This is my refugium light. Anybody have a favorite arm they recommend to hold it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom