My 45 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Percula clown 99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I have had my 45 gallon aquarium for about 4 years I have multiple fish and they all remain healthy bit I keep losing my corals any suggestions I also have a problem wit Bristol worms so any advice.

Attachments

• image-1324137176.jpg
    image-1324137176.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 74
What kind of lighting do you have on your aquarium? If you don't have the appropriate lighting for your coral species that could be a possibility for why they are not making it. :)

Also, I believe that Bristleworms aren't necessarily a bad thing, I hear they actually work as part of the clean up crew. Just DON"T GET STUNG by them (wear gloves, still may be stung with cloves though too).

Lastly, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your Yellow Tang needs a minimum of a 125 gallon tank. :(

If you have any further questions, just let me know. ;)

Last edited:
I have an aquatic life t5ho light system. And the Bristol worms are a pain I've been stung about 3 times and thanks for the info .

No problem!

Do you check your water parameters regularly? Do you have high phosphates? When was the last time you changed out your light bulbs in the fixture?

:)

Yes I test them and take water samples to the local pet store I also do a 10 gallon water Change Every 2 weeks. And I replaced the bulbs about 2 years ago

Percula clown 99 said:
Yes I test them and take water samples to the local pet store I also do a 10 gallon water Change Every 2 weeks. And I replaced the bulbs about 2 years ago

T5s need to be replaced every 6-8 months

i had a problem with bristle worms eating my coral. so i soaked my live rocks in soda water, the worms hated it come crawling out but if u have any crabs of anything else in the rock they might die i lost a brittle star and a crab. I also bought a wrasse they will eat the worms. hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom