My 75G FOWLR build thread. (woot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I got to work in our store to earn some money for fish xD.

I think I'll get the clowns first.

Another update: Tried increasing the flow in the tank by adding the smaller 300GPH pump but the overflow makes all sorts of noises... Looks like it's going to be a CL system for me.

Does anyone have any good links for acrylic/clear PVC suppliers? I want to make a super awesome skimmer for less than a Deltec.

Finally! A real update!

I'm a very happy person right now. I GOT FISH! MY TANK IS ALIVE!! :D
Only got 2 clowns, that alone was 40 bucks (ouch D;)

img_1046394_0_f58d840f9d2b7ac4f62487ff612184f5.jpg

img_1046394_1_8758e2120be59fd1f29a3ca665a63d3a.jpg

img_1046394_2_099f4d74910375bda446a909f7ea5069.jpg

These little guys are hard to photograph with their clown-ish ways. And they look like little specks in the huge tank. :( But they should get bigger.

I wish I could get a 75, but I'm not allowed to untill "Pigs fly," as my dad said, I've been trying to figure out how to put a ceiling fan on a pig for the past month.

woohoo! life! dont even try to make the protein skimmer with the PVC or the acrylic, you need lot of tools. just do the beckett thing that you showed me. I took down the other one that I made, and am working on the bekett thing. pretty cool so far.

Well, I'm pretty sure the tank is up and running now. The clowns are still swimming happy and eating, and the tank is full of algae. :(

It's probably because I don't have an RO filter, but would this algae outbreak only mainly be because it's a new tank? The parameters haven't changed, nitrates still at 20, is that too high? I don't know about phosphates, but I was thinking of picking up some Phosban.

20 nitrates is fine. Test for phosphates, if there are any, find the problem whether it's water source or food and fix it rather than mask it. Just better to do it that way IMO.

Remember, even though all of your parameters are in check, during the first few months you will witness an "algae cycle", don't even try to ID them all.

Hope this helps.

20 nitrates is fine. Test for phosphates, if there are any, find the problem whether it's water source or food and fix it rather than mask it. Just better to do it that way IMO.

Remember, even though all of your parameters are in check, during the first few months you will witness an "algae cycle", don't even try to ID them all.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure it was an "algae cycle" and not an insane water quality issue. xD

Back
Top Bottom