My anemone is doing something strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickstar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Lately my anemone has been doing something strange. It retracts all the way and spews weby white stuff around it on my live rocks. It's happened twice pretty recently. What's going on?

Try and feed it or even touch its tentacles yo see if there sticky after putting food on the tentacles. If they aren't sticky u might have a problem.

Try and feed it or even touch its tentacles yo see if there sticky after putting food on the tentacles. If they aren't sticky u might have a problem.

I just fed it two days ago and it caught on the shrimp I fed to it completely fine?

You should be fine.....just keep a eye on it if i shriveles up for a couple of days or becomes less sticky etc.....but in reality he may be releasing waste. You really never know somethimes anemones are like the " red head step child" and will do whatever and you can just deal with it. Ive owned 6 anemones and can tell you sometimes i see things they do that ive never seen b4. Just keep updating us on the situation and it should resolve with a perfectly healthy nem.
Cheers

Thank for helping! I think it may be waste too. Also I think I see the anemone trying to move to a new spot

It turns out he wasn't moving. Here's where he is in my tank (middle left)

Attachments

• image-3240783421.jpg
    image-3240783421.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom