my anenome is missing???? help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirfishmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok i have a condy anenome and it was very healthy ate meaty foods once a week...it was a mover when it ate meaty foods.....the last time i fed him he moved to the back side of the rocks....next thing i know his mate (crab) moved to my sebae anenome.....i was worried so i took every rock out of the tank...and it is no where 8O 8O 8O ...where did it go? and what will happen if it never shows up?

doug

Check your powerheads. Does your tank have an overflow? Check in there as well. Also, check inside your skimmer and HOB filters.

i checked everywhere! literally i have a sponge on every intake, even so...i looked anyways....nothing :( :?: :?: i am dumb founded as to where it could be...i spent 4 hours with the rock in my tank looking for signs that maybe it died or went into a rock hole shined a light in there and everything....if i never find it what will happen?

doug

if your tank didn't cloud I would guess that it's still in there somewhere ......

is it possible that if it died that my clean up crew could of ate him before it spoils the water? is there any water parameter checks that i could check

doug

What was the condy size? How long was he missing? What type of cleanup crew do you have? My guess would be that you would have an ammonia spike even if the cleanup crew was on top of the clean up.

well it was about 3" diameter...i have had it for 6 months...i fed it once a week...it would religously after it ate meaty foods it would move to the back of the rocks for about 3 days then would come back out...i fed it on the 30th...then as always it went to the back...2 days later on the first i still saw it back there....how i noticed it was missing is because his friend (crab) was hosting a different anenome...so i started to look for it....nothing...so its been 5 days now gone. i dont have a real clean up crew just some snails and a couple hermits...but maybe some worms ate it or something...i guess i could check my amonia levels tonight and see what they say.

doug

I wouldn't be so sure about the amonia spike.

My Condy died durring the power outs of Florida's recent hurricane season, I didn't have a spike when he died. He didn't cloud the water, either.

Back
Top Bottom