My API reef test kit problem & solution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently got the API reef test kit since I was very pleased with their marine test kit. HOWEVER I’ve come to realize the reef test kit is quite abit of a PITA. Testing for cal and alk is quite annoying IMO. Adding each drop one by one, capping the beaker then shaking it and repeating is quite annoying. Not to mention the liquid leaked out every time I turned it upside down or shake it. I was @ the point of looking for other test kits.

After you tubing the red sea pro test kit, the solution came to me. The very simple solution is to take 5ml of test water via syringe and put it into a clear plastic or glass beaker (something bigger and easier to handle than the API one). Then rotate the beaker around each time a drop is added. Makes life 100X more easier IMO

49166-albums8014-picture41967.jpg

Not sure what it is (found it lying around the house) but it is my new test beaker. No top needed while rotating the beaker around while the fluid mixes up

Hope this can help some1 that has the same problem that I did :) ..For the rest of you that figured something out, please carry on
(y)

Back
Top Bottom