My astraea turbo snails??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ash2012

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone help my turbo snails keep dying everything in the tank is doing fine why do these snails die after 1 day??

Can anyone help my turbo snails keep dying everything in the tank is doing fine why do these snails die after 1 day??

Lil more information would help lol what size tank? How long has it been running? Tank mates? Etc.

Small tank 50 litres and there is only a damsel fish and a shrimp in there

I had this problem too! Ended up stopping so very intrigued

No it's not cycling parameters are all good I've had this problem with Astraea snails since day 1

How old is this tank? And its a 13g tank? Sounds like there isn't enough food for him possibly??

He wouldn't starve in one day.

I know I lost a turbo snail because he fell over and they are not able to flip themselves back and the hermit crabs ate him.

Food is definitely not the issue one day is not enough for him to starve

He wouldn't starve in one day.

I know I lost a turbo snail because he fell over and they are not able to flip themselves back and the hermit crabs ate him.

Very true!!! I lost like 10 of them in 3 months lol!! They dont stick to the glass like margaritas do and when they fall they can't get up due to the anatomy of their shells. I had few of them fell just behind the rocks thats kissing to the back of the glass but couldn't rescue cause i cant fit my hands back there.

Yeah seems a common problem so I'm not gonna have them snails anymore they look good but not worth them keep dying in the tank

Back
Top Bottom