My brine and pellet eating scooter blenny!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish4ever

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I bought a scooter blenny at the store receintly they said he was eating everything so I got him home and what do you know he eats everything!! I have a 15 gallon with no pods and he is staying fat! Now for some corals!

But my question is if the lfs gets a mandarin that eats everything could I have the mandarin and the scooter blenny together

You won't be able to keep a manderine in a 15 gal unless it is one of the rare ones that will eat frozen foods. Mine is slowly starving in my 110 gal with an ample supply of pods. Although he does eat frozen, he is a very slow eater and is lucky to get 1 piece of shrimp eaten before everyone else eats it all.
He reminds me of the kid in the (McCain's) frenchfry commercial who is slowly eating each fry individually. Pick 1, set it aside, apply ketchup, put ketchup aside, take 1 bite, chew, take another bite ... and so on. My manderin will stare at the shrimp, take a bite, spit it out, stare at it, take a bite again if it hasn't been stolen by then.

All that to say a manderin in a 15 gal will likely starve as most won't eat frozen at all.

Ingy I'm looking for that rare one my scooter blenny is stealing brine from other fish he gobles it right up

I also have a scooter and was advised that it would fight with a manderin, not to mention competing for food. Enjoy the scooter! Mine never ate frozen but is an awesome fish :)

Ingy I'm looking for that rare one my scooter blenny is stealing brine from other fish he gobles it right up

I think Scooters are much easier to feed than Manderins. Scooters are sand sifters and eat leftover food. No so with Manderins. They are VERY particular about what they eat.

Back
Top Bottom