My bubble tip split! Good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjj_junkie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! Well my gbta split today and I'm happy for the fact that I have two now but is this good or did something bother it and make it split for some type of protection? Another silly question is, what do I do now? Lol I mean I now have two gbta and one rbta. Should I pull one of the greens out to sell or whatever or just leave everyone in there?

It's a good and a bad thing. They are not supposed to split, however if it does you get the benefit of having two now. It's not something you did wrong. The choice is yours. You can keep it in your tank if you'd like, but since you started with one anyway, IMO i'd sell it or maybe see if your lfs would basically give you a credit so you can swap it for something you didn't have before.

Usually they would split due to stress or overfed. I wouldn't worry too much as long as it heals nice and has good coloration. Are both fully open and look okay? You should also post up your paramaters so maybe someone more experienced can review your results and chime in for better advice.

they split its how they reproduce sometimes they just do it some times its stress. i bought a gbta and it split with in a week and have been fine since. bought a rbta and it hasn't split all are doing fine now. ive been told gbta split often though

they split its how they reproduce sometimes they just do it some times its stress. i bought a gbta and it split with in a week and have been fine since. bought a rbta and it hasn't split all are doing fine now. ive been told gbta split often though

Cool thanks, I hope my rose splits one day $$$ lol

Back
Top Bottom