My clown fish laid eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solidsnakejv

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed two nights ago that my clown fish, which have hosted one of my xenia corals, kept swimming on top of what i thought was just xenia coral that they kept on preventing from growing, since i saw the same thing a few month ago.
Today i realized that they are eggs, i looked them up.
I did some research and i saw that in order to get them to survive once they hatch, i will need to put them in a separate tank and have a special diet for them.
My question is, is there anyway to keep them in the mail tank if i purchase some sort of confinement thing?
I have a 90 gallons with a good amount of soft coral, but not too too much. i have a pink goby, six line wrasse, melanarus wrasse, yellow clown goby, and a blue eye tang.

you might be able to get a breeder net they sell them at petco or at your LFS for like $10.
The only worry there would probably be the goby since he might think that they are a bigger treat than usual, your other bet is maybe trying to divide the tank but thats usually pretty tough if there is a lot of LR, but congrats on the eggs.

Yeah i was thinking of the breeder net, but i'm not sure it will be successful as far as actually being able to feed the fry.

I bought a breeder net and it honestly was an epic fail, but when I bought it came with the cheesecloth like material and some cheap plastic I replaced the plastic for some KNEX which is a kid toy but it gave me a sturdier and bigger net I had a 10g sitting around so I basically strained my fry and they where left alone in their own tank, as for feeding I was recommended some grounded shrimp it was in Japanese so I couldn't tell you the rand but out of the hatching I ended uP with about 24 fry and about 18 adults the 6 basically got eaten by counterparts. But I still have my blueprint if you want it. Since I know fry and hatching can be dry exciting.

I bought a breeder net and it honestly was an epic fail, but when I bought it came with the cheesecloth like material and some cheap plastic I replaced the plastic for some KNEX which is a kid toy but it gave me a sturdier and bigger net I had a 10g sitting around so I basically strained my fry and they where left alone in their own tank, as for feeding I was recommended some grounded shrimp it was in Japanese so I couldn't tell you the rand but out of the hatching I ended uP with about 24 fry and about 18 adults the 6 basically got eaten by counterparts. But I still have my blueprint if you want it. Since I know fry and hatching can be dry exciting.

Sorry, my computer gave me some issues and was unable to check this.
I would definitely be interested in the blueprint, if you can.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom