My Colt Is Missing!!! :evil:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, long story short. I had a Colt (2 piece) frag that didnt look too good, so i moved into higher water flow and i came off the rock it was attached to. I saw it in a crevice in a large rock and decided to leave it there for day or two till i had mor time to try and re-mount it. I looked into the tank yesterday for it, and it was gone! WTF? Where did it go? It was way to big to fit through the slits in my overflow, or the PW. Do you think i have a critter in there eating my frags? I now noticee that i only have one yellow polyp left on the rock that had 4 a few days ago. What would eat my frags? How do i get him out of the tank?

I'm thinking of dipping my LR in FW for a few minutes to see if anything comes running out. Will that kill my rock?

Most likley the colt "shrunk" more as many do and went further down into the crevace that may go farther than you are able to see.

I've lost a few pieces that way only to find them later somewhere else. As long as they do not necros, you'd be suprised how long they last.

It you can remove the rock without much disturbance to the tank or have any corals attached to that particular rock, you should be able to check it out. Same goes if you dip the rock, although I doubt you will find any suspects.

Do you have a brittle star?

Cheers
Steve

I found half of the colt that was missing today. I have attached it to a rock with a rubber band. I hope this works

Back
Top Bottom