MY Coral Beauty Just Dide, Why He Dide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

you&me

Aquarium Advice Regular
I dent understan why he died? He look Happy 30min ago, what happen?
I just test the water and looks like this,

ph - 8.0

nitrite 0mg/l

ammonia <0.3mg/l

now I have nothing but Banded Coral Shrimp, 2 sand star 2 burgandy star,
10 Blue Leg Hermit , 2 Damsels Now I dont have fish in my tank :cry:

I was so happy to getting info and I dent know he died :lilangel:

You need to give out some more info like salinity and nitrate levels. A salinity rate that is too high will kill fish but probably not your inverts... damsels can live through a nuclear storm... Also it is possible that the damels had something to do with it because they can become aggressive. You really do need more info however... How long did you have him?

How old is the tank, how big, what filtration, temp. How long have you had the fish? I notice you have detectable ammonia, which is not to be expected in a cycled tank.

Sorry to hear that!

Coral Beautys can suffer from shipping quite a lot - how long have you had him, and how did you acclimate him? You shouldn't have any ammonia!

True but is it fatal? I have had some pretty high levels in my tank but never had a death result from it. Def higher than .3.

Any ammonia or nitrite can be fatal - it depeds on the fish's tolerance to it and it's condition, amongst other factors.

Ya I think coral beauties tend to be pretty picky don't they? I always hear people talk of them dying... more so than other fish.

Dite, water conditions and what other fish they are kept will all contribute to the overall health all contribute to the stress and life of the fish. I have a coral beauty in my 80 that I have had for over 4 years now.

Why dont you provide some more info like what it was eating, how long have you had it, what else was in the tank. Size of tank is also something good to know.

You say you have 2 damsels yet right after you say you have no fish in the tank. Very confusing info.

MattP725 said:
You need to give out some more info like salinity and nitrate levels. A salinity rate that is too high will kill fish but probably not your inverts... damsels can live through a nuclear storm... Also it is possible that the damels had something to do with it because they can become aggressive. You really do need more info however... How long did you have him?

I had him for 4 weeks he was in side the 10g and I move him to 55g two days ago

Salinity 1.019 I add some more salt today

PH - 8.0

Nitrate - 0.3

Ammonia - 0

fishfreek said:
Dite, water conditions and what other fish they are kept will all contribute to the overall health all contribute to the stress and life of the fish. I have a coral beauty in my 80 that I have had for over 4 years now.

Why dont you provide some more info like what it was eating, how long have you had it, what else was in the tank. Size of tank is also something good to know.

You say you have 2 damsels yet right after you say you have no fish in the tank. Very confusing info.

I dont think much for damsels I move them aroud to cycling my tank
that's why i say i dont have fish in my tank i wish i can show you some pics
iam going to do that soon, I Have alot of tank in my family room now it's fish room, when my husben get home iam going to get some bettery for my kodak

Iam sorry that i confusd you some of my tank been setup since 06.25.04 and rest of tank setup after july

I dont have powerhead on any of my tank I like to tell you that befor i show you pics of all my tank

oh they are eating spectrum

do you know anything about firemouth?

That firemouth is killing my oscar eating there eyes

oscar is 2-3" long and firemouth is about the same.

Hmm, sometimes there's no answer to these things but it could have been cyanide exposure during collection or some internal parasite or the like. An external parasite would have reared it's head during qt. Months ago I had a flame angel for a few weeks, died suddenly also...make sure your ammonia is 0 by taking a sample to the lfs and go find another healthy fish and get this behind you. If your water quality checks out, likely it was not your fault. :wink: Otherwise, look to improving water quality.

I was about to say the same thing srgetz. I have heard cyanide can have a fatal effect weeks after someone purchases them. This is only what I have read of course. Every Coral Beauty I have seen in my LFS seems to be ragedy and deteriating. I want one myself, but I am not comfortable with the LFS quality.

You&me - I have had fish die for no reason as well. It is part of nature.
Mike

eveything was ok today until I saw my starfish
:oops: maybe because I change water (change 10%)

ph -8.2 (I add litte buffer 24 hrs ago)

nitrite - 0

ammonia - 0

One of my starfish is Dieing or Died so i give it to Banded Coral Shrimp

I dont know anymore????? when I change water .... and maybe water was

to cold for them? or what?

I love the way saltwater tank looks but cost so much money
you know

I find me a good friend

Thank you guys

Salttanker said:
you&me - Was that a negative 8.2 on your pH, or just a hyphen? Maybe it was a typo?

Mike

Hmmmm
8.2 is good right? I use tetra test kt
The ph was 8.0 and I add some buffer to it on sunday and monday my ph was 8.2 anyway my ph has been allways low round 7.9
or 8.0 I dont know why I had to add buffer every 2 to 3 weeks

I dont know much about saltwater I start saltwater round jun - 25 - 2004
for the first time
I been had my freshwater for 5years

Please someone tell me I have freshwater copper (8oz) and salter copper(8oz)
Dose copper good like everyone say?
botte dosen tell me much when do I use copper on my HP tank?

NO do not put copper in your tank. Only in a qT and then you need to make sure the fish will be able to handle it.

What type of water are you using? RO or tap? Some water, especially where I live is extremely hard, and does have a low pH. I use an RO system for mine, and my pH is balanced. 8.2 is where you want it.
Like justmy2cents said - Avoid the copper. Once you put it in, it is hard to get rid of.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom