My eel wont eat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeferhead911

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all I'm still new to this aquarium thing and just got a new snowflake eel he hides all the time and I don't really see him eat this is him the first day I got him after that he never swims around any more.

During the first day fish usually won't eat. Wait a couple days. Feed him shrimp or live crabs at night. Also consider doing a water change since parameters can cause fish to not eat.

Try silverside they can go without food for awhile. I would hand feed him and hold the silverside in front of him there eyesight is not great but smell is excellent.

Just hold the silverside in front of him and he will eat. I had one that jumped out I found him in time he didn't eat for 4 weeks. All of a sudden he ate like six peices I would try to feed him everyday maybe even lay a piece in front of him and watch if he eats it. If you get him hand fed the eel will start swimming thru your hand and not look for live food. There really cool!

Hey all I'm still new to this aquarium thing and just got a new snowflake eel he hides all the time and I don't really see him eat this is him the first day I got him after that he never swims around any more.

After a day or two drop a couple of ghost shrimp in the dt. That will usually get the eel feeding.

make sure your tank is completly covered, they will get out. Also he will eat anything he can get into his mouth, aka your fish

I hand feed mine every third day I feed him cod scallops ghost shrimp , and as a treat some salmon but only in moderation due to salmon being a oily fish... Don't rely on dumping food in tank and expecting him to find it hand feed him so you know he eats I use a straw I cut a slit in to hold the food...

You can buy them from the store I feed mine the ones I get out of the ocean during scallop season I just make him a bag and freeze it then cut portions off as needed...

I feed mine about the size of a nickle pieces until he stops showing interest normaly after two pieces he won't show no interest then I know he's full

how long have you had it, and what was the pet shop feeding
mine didn't eat for a week and a half but I was switching mine from live ghost shrimp to frozen krill

I've only had him like five days but got him to eat a Lil salmon so I'm headed down to the LFS today and get some ghost shrimp and krill.

Back
Top Bottom