My final fish plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
These are the final fish for my 210. You can see the other inhabitants below.
I have just finished medicating ( in a 40 gallon qt) a Heni Butterfly for a bactrial or fungal infection. I had purchased 2 and lost one of them.
I really wanted a pair so I went out and purchased another today (different lfs) and put him in a separate qt (10 gallon) along with another scotter blenny.
My plan is to leave the 2 separate for 3 weeks to make sure they are healthy. If so take the one from the 10 and put him in the 40 to allow them to get used to each other before intro to the main. Any holes in this plan? 8O
Now the tricky part. I have a Maculosus Angel and a Yellow tang in the main. Any ideas for intoducing the Heni's? I am hoping introducing 2 will help with the aggression for the Angel and the Tang. :wink:
Yes I know it should have been the other way around, but what is done is done. :wink:
Any thoughts, Ideas?

The best way to add these fish would be to disrupt the established territories of the two that are in the display now. Not sure how set you are on the aquascaping but that would be the easiest way.

What I used to do was swap the largest rocks around while I acclimate the new fish with actinic only lighting. Once the new fish are released, I waited to guage the level of aggression if any. Considering the size of your tank, there is a decent chance you will only have some slight tail slapping. If aggression is immediate, I would turn the lights off and if that did not curb it, I would wrap the tank in a blanket to block the remaining ambient light. If sufficient rock is moved about, the next day the fish should be disorieneted enough to allow the fish to re-establish new territories. It has generally worked for me but not too sure with the 4 fish you have, especially the map angel.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve, sound like a plan and probably my only option short of removing the Map and that ain't gonna happen. Last time I had to remove her 2/3rd of my rock had to go first. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom