My first anemone, any pitfalls or things I need to know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bulk reef supply has inexpensive reactors. The media is the expensive part since it needs to be replaced every month or so.. I don't know of a way to refresh GFO.... If you decide to use it, start out in small quantities as it will bring down your alkalinity as well as phosphates, etc. This leads to a lower pH and less stable tank.

I will definitely check my levels as I go about fixing the issue. I didn't now phosphates can mess with Ph.

On another note I got the condys leftovers out of the tank with a turkey baster. Is there any time frame or signs to watch out for if I'm not doing something right? He will curl up and get small but anything else?

Phosphates don't have an impact on pH, but alk does. GFO can lower Alk if used in too high a quantity and impact ph.

I think you'd notice your nem not expanding if it weren't happy. As you can see, when they are happy and fed, they can really expand.

I don't need/want to feed my nem silversides anymore as it is already huge enough to host a pair of gold bar maroon clowns. Plus my clowns will bring scraps to it. It now gets enough from my daily squirt of frozen food mixture and pellets that are fed 4 times a day to the tank. Yes, it even eats pellets now. Caution, I feed heavy but my tank has become a medium/high demand tank. I also have ability to skim very heavy. Balance.

All good information. Why I love this forum, I truly learn several new things everyday.

When I researched it said they get to be about 6 inches. Mine is probably just about there....He has the whole left side of the tank pretty much lol

I called the store that sold it to me and they said it was a pink tip hawaiian. (or was it haitian). Could that be the case here? I've been going on the assumption that its a condy....

Just came back from pet store and they do not take any returns. I explained how I was new to this and the guy who sold it to me didn't mention anything potentially bad. he even tried to sell me clownfish with the anenome.

The girl at store actually pulled up youtube videos to show me that clowns can actually be hosted by them.

So, no store credit, no refund and I still have a potentially harmful creature in my tank. super....

Back
Top Bottom