My fish are all hanging out in the corner of the tank all day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dasjestyr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 clowns, a blue tang and a blenny. The clowns have been in the tank for a couple weeks, the tang and the blenny have been in for just over a week. I thought at first that they were just getting used to the tank, but they really do just hang out in the back corner of the tank all day. They come out when i feed them and maybe for a minute a day, they'll kinda float around the tank, then back to that back corner. The blenny just hides until he's hungry, but the two clowns and the blue tang just kind of huddle in the corner.

The water temp is a steady 78deg
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
0 nitrate
8.1 pH

That corner of the tank is under the strongest powerhead and skimmer pump/intake. The only thing i can think of is that its warmer there. But if the water is 79deg, then why is it such a big deal? Any other ideas?

75g and cycled. i saw the ammonia spike when i added the 2 fish and 4 corals on at the same time. It was gone by morning. Did a 20% pwc yesterday. But they were hiding before that even.

probably just found a comfy spot to hang out, mine stay undernieth my power filters close to the surface if not at the surface. soon the filters will be gon so i'm sure they won't be happy with me :p

Back
Top Bottom