My frogspawn is not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75 gallon saltwater fishtank and i just did a 25 gallon water change, the tank is kind of new i got it about 2 months ago, Before it i had a 100 gallon tank but there was a crack in it so i had to get a new one.
My frogspawn is not opening, my nitartes are perfect, but my ammonia is 0.25 which is one down where it is suppose to be. My tempature is 76 degrees, two of my corals died and i have no idea why.:/ i have a Blue Tang, 3 Blue Damsels, a coral beauty and a tomato clown, the blue tang and coral beauty are the rulers of the tank. :) but if you know any information please help me! it will be much apperciated.

It looks like you're going through a mini cycle. You shouldn't have any ammonias present. Ammonia is the most toxic of the nitrogen cycle. Especially to corals, but also fish. If you switched quickly to a bigger tank, then there wasn't enough time for more bacteria to grow. I'd take the corals to a fish store and let them house them while your ammonia goes down.

I had that backwards. If you went from 100-75, the bioload per gallon increased. Causing the spike in ammonia.

Going plus one on your skimmer could help. Idk, if that would fix the problem. I would take the corals to a friends house, or Lfs and have them house it intell the problem is fixed. Hbh, does make a cut to fit filter pad that can decrease that level. Hope you don't lose any other corals.

Thank you all so much, i think i am going to take my corals to a fish store and house them, i just checked my PH, and it is really high. That might be a problem too.

How about putting them in a container with fresh SW, a PH and some rock?

Back
Top Bottom