My LFS is completely empty! The tsunami has cut them off.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clown Monarch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My LFS is a showcase of empty tanks with very few fish or corals. The tsunami apparently has cut off any new shipments. I doubt coral and fish export is at the top of their list of priorities right now...

She tells me, however, that there was so much damaged and broken coral that Indonesia is allowing exporters to harvest and ship a multitude of coral that they otherwise wouldn't be allowed to. I have to stop back in next week to see what she has. She assures me that there will be tons of exotic coral.

Anyone else finding their LFS in a similar situation?

Yeah, I talked to the owner of my lfs and he said that they are expecting some major set-backs. He said that he gets about 60% of his fish from the area. I was bummed, but he put me in my place and reminded me that thousands have lost their lives and loved ones and waiting a few months for livestock is hardly and inconvenience compared to what they went/are going through. He'll probably lose a lot of money but he has the right attitude. I only wish I did sooner.

mine is completely emty, but that is because the moved and just installed there system.
I want to get some more stuff and i'm hoping they don't have supply problems.

They should still be able to get livestock from Fiji, austrailia and the caribbean

Back
Top Bottom