My maroon clown drew blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so here's the story and I was redecorating my tank my pair of maroon was swimming around my hand then all of a sudden my female strike my hand and a laughed but when i pulled my hands out i was missing a little bit of my skin and it was bleeding.

Why the sudden aggression they have never done this before they never really care about what i was doing in the tank but this time they attack and now everytime i go in i get attack. They dont even attack my other fish only me.

What a maroon :) Nemo isn't exactly the nicest fish this side of the reef either. The A. ocellaris' at work will attack our masks with ferociousness until that person leaves the water and with clownfish the aggression heightens when paired and especially when courting. Really, about the only clownfish I haven't seen to be as aggressive are the skunk clown varieties.

My larger false perc clown regularly attacks my ring when I do tank maintance, its too funny. He has no fear!

found out why i got attack...today as i was viewing my tank i notice my male fanning a piece of rock look closer and saw bright red eggs luckily i already have rotifers and pods due to seahorse breeding.

cant wait for the eggs to hatch dont know how long its been but i can see the eyes but i know its not ready to hatch.

Congrats! If you don't move them, they will be critter food....

lol...

Maroons are very aggressive and territorial. My LFS has a pair of them in their large coral display tank and everytime they reach in to get a coral they are tagged by the female maroon.

Thought I share my story on Maroon agressiveness. I'm in the process of purchasing an established tank that houses a large maroon female and a 20"+ snowflake eel (among others) and when feeding, the clown actually attacks the eel. Probably not a good thing, but I want to take a video because it's quite funny to watch. I think they have little man sydrome.

Back
Top Bottom