my mushroom is not happy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a red mushroom frag. I bought new t5 lights so I put the mushroom down on the bottom of the tank so it would get acclimated to the new light. It's in the sand and doesn't look too happy. Should I move it up a bit on the rocks ?

Define not looking happy.. What exactly is it doing?

Also, what are your nitrate, alk, and pH at?
How many bulbs does the fixture have?
How big is your tank?

What does it take to keep mushrooms happy in the tanks? I have lost several also.

They need some light but not very much. Alkalinity is usually the big issue with soft corals.

Ricordea are fairly fragile compared to the other kinds of mushrooms and tend to die a bit easier than others.

Ok...I moved it back up to a rock and within a couple of hours, It opened back up. Seems to be fine now. I read that if you re-locate them they will close up for a day or two. It seems to be happy in its new location..Only time will tell...

I lost my ricardias within a month and some mushrooms within 3 months but I have a few mushrooms that I thought I lost last year must have been hiding because acouple of them are coming back.

I thought I had just lost my hairy mushroom a few weeks ago. It looked like it melted away into pieces starting at the mouth but it turns out it was just happy enough to split into three separate shrooms.

Back
Top Bottom