My Newest Member to my Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

I just picked this guy up from the LFS.. They had a sale going on on these.. Bye Bye to my Condy's and say hello to my Naso Tang :lol:

I know what foods these guys eat but has anyone had any particular luck with certain foods.. He seems to like mysis shrimp pretty well as you can see from the pics.. I was feeding my Perculas and he had to chase down all the mysis for himself... lol

James

Like most tangs the diet should be mostly made of marine algae, dried nori sheets are a favorate of my tangs.

U are aware how large this tang will get right?

From what I read about 1' 6" but then i also read 8" So i figured no more than 11" or so.. I am going to have at least 200 gallon within the next year as soon as we get our house. I fear that If I get that big of a tank now It would fall through the floor of my apartments.. If that fear was gone the tank would be here tomorrow... Lol anyways with that in mind I think he should do just great.. I would think it would take him a little while before he gets too big for the current tank.. He has been getting rid of all my hitchhiker worms that came in on the LR.... I have read in some places that tangs like lettuce.. Is this correcy? If so what kind??? Also another question I have 2 tank raised percula's one seems darker than the other.. But it seems as though this was a change that was made when the second one was added to the tank.. one is light a bright Orange and the other is a light orange.. I have attached a pic of them as well..

James

he he, prepare for at least 5" growth in the next 3 to 6 months if fed well...They grow like weeds...

Well i guess they pretty much do eat weeds.. lol Yeah I will just keep watching him and If i feel he gets too big too quick.. Well then I might just have to hurry along that 200gal lol

James

I would not feed lettuce or any other land based plant. Instead seek out marine algae. This can be found at your LFS in the form of prepaired sheets of dried algae or you might find some in your grocery store in the asian food section.

Alright will do Thx guys.. Tahts what I was planning on feeding him but wanted to know if there was something better that someone may know about

Thx again,
James

Back
Top Bottom