My nitrates will not go down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any suggestions on some frozen food. I just got some ocean nutrition formula one and I don't like the way it's made. Plus it messed with my protein skimmer

simple solution

Plants eat nitrates. And in return they give off oxygen for your fish and remove carbon dioxide from the water.

They just seem to be getting higher. I even did a 25% water change. I need help please

Cool!
Chaeto is easy to get started and will populate your tank as long as your fish don't eat the copepods.

Be careful with the chaulerpa. When it begins to multiply it will cloud up your tank. They will release spores all at once and make a mess of things.

The shaving brushes are nice but if you have sea urchins they will eat them.

That's a lot of algae.

are a group of small crustaceans
Chaeto, chaulerpa, and a couple shaving brushes.plus 500 copods ans amipods

Ok so no chaulerpa. I don't have anything in my tank except a mono a damsel a dozen red/blue leg hermits a few shrimp a emerald crab and 2 coral frags

I'll be upgrading my tank in a few months. 55 galling just isn't enough for me. I plan on getting a 6 ft 120 or something larger as long as it doesn't take up more the 6 ft length

I hope you live on the Coast.
It's a real pain to find any decent saltwater fish living in the mid west where I live now.
I spent many years on the East coast and the West coast and I guess I am spoiled.

I live in missouri. I know a few people that does group orders online so I can get in on those. When I get my new set up ill be using a refugium

Tanks can get expensive.
I have a 150 gal that's about 6 ft
A good place to search is craigslist.

I live in Missouri as well. That's why I am doing freshwater. I have searched all around for a decent fish shop and there is nothing so far.
I have not tried Jefferson city yet though. That's about 45 minutes from here.

Yea I lie in Springfield. There's only two places to go around here. One of them is petwarehouse and a place called the aquarium shop. They will do special orders though

I went to petco yesterday in washington mo and they had a worse selection than walmart. They didnt have any saltwater supplies at all. the other one I went to in rolla (Bowels aquarium) had a nice selection but they were all diseased. I wasnt going to put any of that junk into my tank. I am still looking for a place to buy some plants. I need a good ground cover still.

I love Craigslist. I want something that's predrilled. My next tank is getting done right. My levels are below 5ppm. So that big water change seems like it helped so far

Back
Top Bottom