My Odd little Bristlestar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lasertop

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I have a Tiger Bristlestar in my tank that has been there about 7 years now, I recently had to redo my flooring and had to clean out the tank, a couple days after I got the tank back together and its inhabitants settled in, the Starfish started to develop a large hole in his middle, well actually I will call it a pit since it didnt go all the way through, the pitt covered about 70 percent of his body. Now here is where it gets weird, you see I assumed the starfish way dying of old age or had contacted some kind of illness, but after two weeks of this he is still alive, and whats weirder is that two of his arms have fallen off completely. Not only is he still alive but the two arms seem to be alive as well, when I tryed to remove them they curled around my fingers and move freely.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :)

What you are describing sounds much like a water quality issue. Either when you "cleaned" the tank or possibley changed too much of the water the water chemistry changed dramatically. When you say you had to "redo the flooring", what did you actually do? What are the water parameters?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom