my pistol shrimp and goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joy13

Aquarium Advice Addict
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnG_quHmOss

This is a quick video of my tiger pistol shrimp and candy cane goby right before lights out. The shrimp and goby are the only two in the tank and I am looking for some type of fish that stays active in the water column. It is a 24 gallon aquapod that is sps dominate.

Wow so cool! I have been looking into getting a pair for my tank! How bout a gramma or clown joy?

That is too cute. Never seen shrimps do that before. Only when I use to have Ciclids they would always be rearranging rocks or gravel around in the tank.

Man I wish my shrimp came out like that. My pistol I never see. I think no fish in tank might have a lot to do with that. My goby and pistol very skittish

My pistol paired up with the goby at the lfs and I insisted on getting that particular shrimp because it was always out. The shrimp has taken a nice flat sand bed and turned into a little landscape. He has also taken hermits and tried to shore up his caves. I know he has at least 4 holes that connect and is always moving stuff around.

I can get a free tomato clown in a few weeks when someone moves but I don't know if I really want to put it in such a small tank that is about 6 or 7 gallons smaller than the recommended size. I have a royal gramma in another tank next to it and think being able to see each other will cause undo stress.

I always try to get the most shy fish first so they can get use to coming out to be fed and then stock from there.

Thats so cool joy!! I am definitly getting one;)

Do you recommend getting the pair first? Or last?

Also, do they really mess with ypur rockwork and foundation?

Yeah he messes with the rock work if you watch the video you will see him go up and check out where he is going to dump the next load of sand, Believe it or not there was a nice large cave in the middle he filled in with sand,

If I was to get a pair I would put them in first so they have a chance to find each other and get use to the new tank. I am lucky my lfs spoils it's customers it is a little mom and pop operation so when I saw the shrimp and it had been there for about a month and the gobies were in the same tank I told them I wanted the shrimp out of that tank instead of out of one that is one of their small holding tanks. It took a little moving around to get it but they were happy to get it for me. they were bagged separate of course but when I fish in first and then shrimp, the fish swam over and the first thing the shrimp did was start touching it with its long feelers. They have been together since Nov. I think it is time I add another fish but trying to find something to fit in that size of aquarium that isn't aggressive is hard. the lfs usually have chalk bass but they look to much like a tetra to me.

If you get a pair and they act anything like mine you will enjoy them.

full tank shot

img_1734910_0_ac4e57f7a51c3ee22b5cd8ae59fe2037.jpg

you have convinced me to rearrange my rockwork and get another goby/shrimp pair. I have a current candy pistol with a yellow watchman but they have their own territory for quite some time. I love when people have tanks that are more naturalistic compared to showpieces. COOL GOBY

Back
Top Bottom