My reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxxpac

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 200 reef tank which I lost everything in it do to bad snow storm a week ago. The tank was down with no power for 4 days at temps of 55•. Once I got power I got rid of corals and fish.. I did a 120gal water change and replaced the carbon for fresh one. I tested my water and nitrate is 0 and the ammonia is 4.0. What I want to know is... The ammonia is bight cause of all the death that happen and left in there for few days till I got the power back or is my tank cycling again?

Looks like you are going through another mini cycle.
There was too much ammonia for the bacteria to absorb, so the excess ammoina is in the water column.

It should settle down after a few weeks - however monitor it closely. When the ammonia has gone from the water, you will need an ammonia source to keep the good bacteria alive (Fish, fish food, pure unscented ammonia).

Thanks for the info. It's seems like the ammonia has gone done a lot. I checked it today and is 2.5. ..

It should go down everyday, just make sure when it gets down to zero, you are adding an ammonia source to keep the bacteria alive. (Fish, fish food, pure unscented ammonia)

Back
Top Bottom