My sand has Lice!!!!!! ack!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pain Devine

Aquarium Advice Activist
So... after months and months of dinking around I finally have:

16 gallon tank
20lbs of Agra-alive sand
10lbs of LFS live rock (I didn't want 'hitchikers')
1 pepperment shrimp
4 turbo snails (the LFS guy was so insistant that I have 4 that he GAVE them to me for free despite my protests)
1 emerald crab
1 Oceanus Clown (I'm sure I spelled that wrong)

I moved the animals in there a few at a time about 2 weeks ago. Now, all the sudden, I notice that the sand is moving... so I get my glasses and look really really close and there are these tinny little bugs all over the friggen place. There's gotta be thousands... they are so small that it's hard to compare the size to anything...

So... are these those Athrapod thingys? or do I have to go to walmart and get some of that 'Nice' stuff?

one other thing.... how to fish sleep? After the light turns out I sometimes notice my clown up near the surface... scares the crap outa me. So I flip on the light and he starts swimign around normally. I was wondering if, when he sleeps, he heads for the surface?

So... are these those Athrapod thingys? or do I have to go to walmart and get some of that 'Nice' stuff?

Amphipods and copopods, benificial detrivores ;)

one other thing.... how to fish sleep? After the light turns out I sometimes notice my clown up near the surface... scares the crap outa me. So I flip on the light and he starts swimign around normally. I was wondering if, when he sleeps, he heads for the surface?

Apparently yours does, mine has slept at the surface, it sleeps in some button polyps from time to time as well, I've also seen some that sleep on the sandbed.

My maroon clown worst still, he slept against the current, he chooses the place where the current is strongest to sleep, it seems like he has not been sleeping, but actually I think he does, if not he would have died long ago.

My false perc sleeps on the sandbed in my QT and there is always a large hole in the morning where he shifted it about, think he was an archiologist in a past life.

my clown loved the maros i had in the main when i pulled it out he now likes to sleep in a clam shell kinda funny animals !!

Mine both slept at the top of the tank as well until they finally noticed that big anomone in there and now they never leave the fripping thing lol :)

Doan

Back
Top Bottom