My Sea Hare is stuck to the powerhead!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Darn Powerhead.... I woke up and my sea hare is wrapped around the intake. It seems to be alive still. I turned the powerhead off (of course) but he's really stuck, what should I do? Think he'll get off by himself? Also do the hydor koralias have the same type of intake inside the tank? This is the second incident with the intake, first my anemone got some tentacle chopped!

I would remove the powerhead and seahare to a separate tank or container to allow it to get out on it's own. Make sure to monitor the temp of the water and keep an eye on it. I've had to do this with a PH and a BTA.

This happened to my first seahare. I turned the powerhead off and he got out by himself. He ended up with 3 lines or cuts on his stomach. He lived for about 4 or 5 months after that and then a bubble started to form where the lines were and he died shortly after. Thankfully he didn't poison the tank.

The powerhead won ..... :( .... I guess I caught it too late, It was really in there too. Do the Koralias have the intake inside the tank too?

thats too bad :( i put a large holed sponge on the end of my intake after this happened..it worked well since the holes were large enough so it didnt effect the current too much and nothing got sucked into it. I did clean it every now and then though.

Even with a koralia you can end up with accidents. I woke up one morning to find strands of my bubble-tip anemone streaming out the end of the koralia. Even with small intakes you can still have tragedy.

Back
Top Bottom