my snowflake biting fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoM0

Aquarium Advice Regular
My snowflake who is still relativily young is nipping at my fusg when there is food in the water and when I feed him his silver side he carries it away and doesn't eat it wth !?

I just teased him a little before feeding him .... u can tell how much stress he just caused ! Couldn't even get my sixline to come out to eat :/

He's a bug I got him for my gf and I'm terrified of him being in there

Make no mistake, your snowflake will eat you fish, it is just a matter of time. Also they can get out thru a very small opening

Saying he will eat my fish is far out ... most people I speak with say they are more then peacefull u just gotta make sure they have snacks

You posted something awhile ago about your stocking. I pretty sure people mentioned this would happen with eels. If you value your fish, you will take him out. He might not eat all of your fish, but make no mistake, he will manage to eat some. Give it time.

Well I speak of my own experiences with Snowflakes over the the last 10-12 years. I have at different times had 3 or 4 over the years, 2 things are certain, they will eat all your crabs, snails and fish sooner or later, and second they will get out of your tank at some point in time. Thru a small opening or when the tops is off for cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom