My Star Ate My Anemone!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I thought you might all find this interesting. I HAD a little condy anemone that was very small, and it had shrank up inside itself, like anemones do, in the corner. Next thing I know is the Chocalte chip star is on top of it and had it 1/2 eaten. It was too late to stop it. It took the star about 2 days to fully eat it. Hes about done now. Oh well. Anybody ever hear of this happening? :wink:

Im wondering why my choclate chip wont eat my aiptasia anemone, and im worried about what he will eat . his days are numbered think im gonna give him to the lfs

CC Stars eat just about anything they can park on.. They are more of a pest to the tank than anything.. I had one that i got when my tank was just started and I gave it away the same day.. I wouldnt trust the thing for the life of me..

James

My moms 26 gal has 2 CC. One never grew and ones HUGE. Ate all her aiptasia, and one of her gold banded shrimps.

No idea, he was up against the glass and you could see the shrimp being eaten. It was a pair, and I took the remaining shrimp and put him in my 125.

LOL yes it is, when I first got the live rock I was like O wow look at that, wish I would have known then what a pain in the a$$ it was!! now I have a million of them all over

doies anyone want the coral eating star? lol, best bet is the lfs sorry to hear of your loss also

They are nice to have in eel tanks....do a good job with clean up. I have one in with mine, along with a thorny star and a long spined urchin. They do have a place in some set ups.

Would one do ok in a tank with a niger trigger, porcupine puffer, and a b/w heni??
I need some thing to help clean the tank up

Back
Top Bottom