My Stocking Plans For The New Tank. Comments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, while I guess it is good to have someone who understands my plight, that doesn't boad well for me getting my rock this week!

My roomate and his girlfriend are starting to think I am crazy, staring at rocks in an emtpy tank searching for something to poke its head out!

Haha i feel for you. I've sat many hours in front of a cycling tank looking at bugs and snails. I'm sure people probably thought i was nuts as well. I'm sure it will all start to come together for you soon though and its well worth the wait IMO

To me that is everything. I love to get a new peice of LR and just stare at it for hours. I think it is more fun and interesteing to get everything from LR and watch it grow. It seems more natural. That and I am cheap, well not cheap, poor. So paying for LR and watching stuff grow from it is very fullfilling.

I GOT MY FIRST FISH!!!

Alright, I got fed up with Marc (two more weeks on the rock apparenty :rolleyes: ) and decided to go ahead and by my Chromis! I figured they were hardy enough to deal with the stress of me adding and rearranging my rock later.

I LOVE THEM! Not as flashy as some of the other fish, but man are they active. Always zooming this way and that, eating any particle floating around they can get to. I went with five, and I am glad I did because it without having fish in the tank I couldn't really tell how tall my water column really was. Plenty or room.

In addition I got some more inverts to deal with algea, bringing the total pipulation to:

- 3 small Fighting Conchs
- 10 Blue Leg Hermits (in refugium)
- 5 Banded Trochus Snails
- 5 Nassarius Snails
- 5 Spiral Turban Snails

I know that is a kind of small clean up crew compared to what some of you guys are using, but I would rather add later than have a bunch of starved decaying snails now. I will add a couple shimp to that when I have the rock work done.

A good day!

I question for you guys. I was thinking of adding one more large fish to my aquisition list, a Powder Blue tang. Here are my concerns:

1.) Will it be compatable with the Cheveron Angel? The sites say they will be agressive to other tangs, but the angel is about the same size and shape as well.

2.) How fast will they grow. The sites say they will grow to 9" and need a 100g tank minimum (mine is 65g), but I am in the Navy and move so the max amount of time I will have this tank is 2 years. If I get a juvenile, will it be small enough long enough to be comfortable?

Hmmm...

Given my other thread I wish someone had answered my questions in the above post!

My stocking plans have modified since this thread was visited. Now I have...

5 Blue/Green Chromis
1 Powder Blue Tang
2 Ocellaris Clowns (in quarantine).

I am currently looking for alternatives to the Chevron Angel. Considering I never intended to have a PBT (those **** LFS sales!) I guess I should leave it at that as far as centerpiece fish, but I am considering forgoing the 3-5 Talbot damsels and getting another larger fish.

So many options!

Back
Top Bottom