My Tank-Raised Clown is Hosting!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well,...ok,...He's hosting the heater, but its still so cool! (It might have something to do with the fact that Illinois nights are cold right now.)

So, what are the next steps I should take to get him to host some soft corals or something.

please note that I do not have the lighting requirements yet.

He was doing it again this morning. Should there be any reason to be concerned? as soon as the lights go on he is back to his normal swimming behavior.

He's probably just doing his lights off hiding, bedding down thing with something to hide behind - while swimming inplace, of course.

Of course, if he's trying to feed the heater, I'd send him to a fish shrink. :roll: Maybe not trying to host at all.

Yeah, well he is not hidding behind it. He is infact hosting the front part of it that is exposed to the rest of the tank. He is rubbing his body against the top plastic part of it constantly. and if he strays away to go say Hi to the female, he runs back to that spot soon after. His normal sleeping spot is in the stream just under the canister intake tube. (he likes the high flow I think.)

I am just curious wheather it may have something to do with the tempreture going down a couple of degrees at night.

-Matt

Back
Top Bottom