My Things With Stings Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my blue throat today and he's in the tank shop weren't sure if they should sell him as he's just been hiding since his female died but I talked them round as felt really sorry for a 5 inch trigger in I'd guess a 5 gallon holding tank. Seems to have settled and be swimming a bit and he's found nice cave at ack the tank so fingers crossed :)!

What's the best thing to feed them as well on the Internet it says any meaty foods but lfs said they are omnivorous and like algae and to graze round the tank?

If you are building a "predator" tank, you could always add a sweet little eel or a urchin. Something that doesn't take up too much space.

If you are building a "predator" tank, you could always add a sweet little eel or a urchin. Something that doesn't take up too much space.

Yeah I'm debating both of those but trying to take it slow only thinking of one maybe two more fish in there

Yeah they look awesome but fact that they can nuke the tank if stressed really concerns me lol

Haha, that's what gets you? Honestly, if you read up on them they can be suitable partners. Just like any other fish you just have to ease them into their environment and stress them as little as possible.

I do not, however I do plan on it. I did A LOT of research a while back but did not have a large enough tank for them ( I was going to get a pair.) I do now so I plan on having one or two soon.

Ah cool yeah may have to do some research then. Getting ro unit for Christmas so make water changes easier and can add rest of my stock then too :)!

Bought my first soft corals I have zoas, Xenia, toadstool leather, finger leather and mushroom. I have had them about a week and I was just wondering if the Xenia should be pulsing to be healthy as mine seem fine but are not pulsing?

Just read the pulsing slows if there is not adequate flow! Thought I would check as I put 2 pulsing Xenia frags in my tank last night:)

Thanks! I have moved them to a spot with more flow so will wait and see

Does anyone know if a 6 inch maroon clown would be too big for a lionfish to eat?

I know it will in the short term my concern is kind of as the lion grows to its 12 inch size will it be able to eat the 6 inch clown? Ive read up and seems to be quite a few people who have had joy at it just wondering what people's views are and if anyone has experience as not sure how big the lions mouth will get

Back
Top Bottom