My Things With Stings Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking of getting an anemone with the clown too as should help the situation. Will any anemones do ok under 4 54w t5 lights?

Couldn't believe it this morning I had recently bought 3 hermit crabs and a strawberry conch that was about 3 times the size of the hermits and despite the blade type thing the conch had one of the hermits still managed to kill it and take the shell ... Amazing how much the hermits grow when moving shell though

Can lionfish sting clownfish? I bought a fairly big maroon clown and the lion doesn't seem bothered but the clown just seems to keep swimming round in the lions finsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393719796.831155.jpg

He is almost big enough to eat that clownfish. If you see him maneuvering around to gulp him head first, it's dinner time. They can ratchet that jaw open and grab things bigger than you might think.

I don't think he is, a lot of the food I feed him I have to break smaller as he can't eat it in one and that's nowhere near the size of the clowns head let alone the clown

Yeah I can see that lol, yeah I'm doing plenty of research into what will/ won't fit in his mouth from people's experience so hopefully will all go ok :)!

When I had mine, he was about a foot long. He could eat a adult feeder fish that was 2" long. He always took them head first so scales didn't get stuck in his throat. Then I finally weaned him onto frozen silversides. But they are so nearsighted, I had to place his food directly in front of him then get the heck out if the way.

Last edited:
Yeah mines about 5 inches long and just eats small chunks of fish I cut. Doesn't seem interested in any food not on my kebab stick I feed with which is cool just seems to be like why chase anything when food comes to me lol

Saw a Toby puffer at lfs today not sure what type as it just said jartaka puffer. Do you think a Toby puffer would be ok with soft coral?

My lion seems to have eaten one of my hermit crabs she'll and all and since doing so will not eat. Anyone has anything like this or have any ideas?

Can't help you with the lion, but the puffer wouldn't bother soft coral (or any I believe) they need to eat shelled inverts to trim there teeth on.

Back
Top Bottom