My turn for tragedy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just found my clown fish dead being eaten by hermits and the starfish. I have no idea what caused his death as he has not shown any signs of illness or problems. In fact last night he was acting just as normal as always. I guess it's one of the mysteries of the reef.

It does suck as he was my sons favorite! :cry:

When this occurs do you remove the remains or allow the others to continue feeding?

I'm going to get him out of there...I just have to wait for my son to go to grandma's house. It's hard to do that much work on the tank and watch an 18month old. I just got finished testing the water to make sure everything is ok. Nitrate is at 10 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Phosphates are 0 PH 8.3ish temp is good so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe when I get the fish out I will be able to see signs of a problem or something.

I'm taking him out becuase I want to avoid an ammonia spike.

I`m sorry Ziggy about your loss. I would also take him out if you can get to him.

It's going to be a bit hard to get him out. I think I can do it by sucking him out with a hose. I hope anyway. I don't want to take rock out to get at him.

Sorry to hear about your clown..thats tough. Makes it equally worse when they are special to a little person.

Take Care
Grim

Update.....

I was able to get him out of the tank. Wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Clothes hangers are great! I didn't see any signs of attack or anything on him just the nibbles on the fins from hermits. I have no idea why he died. Sucks. I guess I will be getting a new nemo this weekend for my son. I'm thinking of getting a pair.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Sorry to hear about the loss Ziggy, I am having serious problems in my tank as well atm, if anyone can, please read my thread in the nano forum and lead some advice.

Sorry for your loss . Just to be safe I would do a water change and also test the water before addign another one

Exactly what I was thinking too...I've been mixing SW and letting it airate since I found him dead. I'm going to change water out tomorrow...

Sorry for you loss buddy...I know little about SW, but I do know the clowns are a beautiful fish

Thanks everyone!!!

Guess what.....My loving and wonderful wife got a new clown last night on her way home from work. It's tiny. In QT now and will be added to the tank in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom