Mystery Starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randalp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my tank setup for about 7 months now. 55 gallon with about 60 lbs of live rock. I have not added anything new to the tanke for 2 months now. After the lights went out on the aquarium last night for a little while, i decided to take a look at the aquarium night life. I see this little star fish, about 1 inch across in size, hanging on the aquarium glass. Never seen him before so i was suprised. It was white, with what looked like brown spots. I am guessing he came hitched onto the live rock, but not sure how he woudl have survived the shipping.

Just thought I would share the story of the mysterious starfish.

I had 2 brittle stars survive shipping on my LR. I see them every so often but not much. A picture would be great if you can add one.

I have loaned out my camera to someone, so i wasn't able to snap a picture. And the odds of ever seeing this thing again soon are very slim, considering it took 7 months to see him the first time. I can say its not a brittle star. I did some research and could not find a picture anywhere that looks like the star. Its just amazing that almost everytime i look at my tank, i see something new.

i had one hichhike on a torch coral since then the coral died and the starfish split into about 3 starfish wich i only see once evry couple weeks

ps the coral didnt die from the starfish

Back
Top Bottom