names of some active fish? thanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly0707

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I have a 55 gallon tank and I am looking for some more peaceful fish that are active and like to swim through rock! If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

I am new to the hobby this forum has helped me a lot!

As for the swimming through the rocks and the liveliness, I would have to say that a Sixline Wrasse would be your best bet.

What about Clown Gobies? They don't really swim, but they are peaceful and perch on the rocks.

They are really cute too! :)

I have 2 tank raised percula clowns, a firefish, and a 2 spotted goby. A peppermint shrimp a cleaner shrimp and some snails.

kelly0707 said:
I thought about a sixline wrasse but I wasnt sure if it would pick on my other fish

I had a six line wrasse that was a big bully. You can look into dwarf Angels too.

Cant go wrong with a bi-color angel. Mine is all over n in n out of the rock. Sleep in his favorite little in the rock. He goes in backwards awesome site.

I have 2 percula clowns
2 spotted goby
1 firefish
Peppermint shrimp
Cleaer shrimp
And some snails

Thx for all the great ideas want to get a wrasse and a dwarf angel for sure.....I have heard people have problems with the dwarf angels dying?? Any suggestions

Just make sure you acclimate him slowly and he's eating before you buy him. And obviously make sure he looks healthy in the store. If you ever get a bigger tank I would recommend blue spiny lobsters. I just picked up a Caribbean spiny yesterday and he's very active at night. Gl!!!!

ezy33 said:
I have a Midas Blenny that always active. What other fish do you have?

I have 2 tank raised percula clowns
1 fire fish
1 2 spotted goby
Cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrim
3 hermit crabs
Some snails

I have been reading angel fish are cautious with reefs
I have a frag of a red mushroom and a birdsnest

I have seen some angels do okay with corals but me personally have not been able to keep an angel with corals.

Back
Top Bottom