Nano-Cube Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unplugged_55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i need some ideas as to what to stock my 12g nano cube with.
please tell me what corals, inverts, or fish you would put in one
or if u have one, what do you have in it
thanx

Don't have one, but if I did, I'd try to do a some zoos, mushrooms, maybe a small leather, couple of tube worms, 1 clown, 1 firefish or other small goby, 3 or 4 hermits, and 3 or 4 snails. Maybe a small frogspawn (coral) for some green coloring.

... that's my 2 cents. Let us know what you decide. Good luck.

I dont have one, but i do have a smaller 29 gal. tank. I do want one though. I think maybe a pair of o clowns. Or something more colorful like a clown goby and a firefish. If you arent going to stock it much, get a really big carpet anemone. Although little corals would be nice though. Also take into consideration how many watts of lighting you have to the gallon. 5 is a happy medium, so 60 watts. But that leaves out sps corals which are very colorful. You might consider 8, or 96 watts. I would suggest colony polyps like zoos, red or purple mushroom, or for a bright pinkish, short plate coral. Just make sure whichever you chose is compatible. Plate coral is a little aggressive so you would have to set aside an area for it.

thank you for the suggestions, i'm still debating on what to put in it. i will surely let you know when i do
right now, the only coral that i'm dead set on are Green Star Polyps i love the way they look in the water
as for fish, i'd like to have a watchman goby, and a royal gramma
i'd also definitely get some crabs and snails
maybe thinking of a shrimp of some sort, prolly peppermint
or what about an emerald crab, would that work?

we have a nano cube, what i have found to work well, is small pumping xenia, star polys ( we have pink and green) mushrooms ( we have green), ( red does not do well under this light for some reason) and do maybe two small fish, golby fish have always hidden from me, and jumped out of our other tanks. But the nano cube is closed up. I think a cardinal or 6 line wrasse would be good. the emerald crab we had got pretty big, but you could see him well in a nano cube if he didn't hide all time. go with a coral banded shrimp if you want a shrimp you can see..

Sexy Shrimp

I cast my vote for the sexy shrimp. They are entertaining..not shy..and very, VERY small. (so you can have a few of them)

I have a 12gal. nano as well. Yellow watchman is a good choice ans is a purple fire fish. Do you know if you have the regular or deluxe model? The deluxe will have twice the lighting so it's a bit better for corals. As mentioned..easy starter corals are zoos and shrooms.

i have the regular model so i don't have the lighting of the deluxe, wish i did, but i don't lol
i think i'll end up going with the yellow watchman goby for right now, well once my tank cycles. i just have LS and LR in there right now, so i'd say the next thing i put in there is a watchman goby
thanx for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom