Naso Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Naso on hold at the fish store, just have to set up the QT with tank water from the main. It's actually for my son since he's really gotton into SW...so my tank now becomes a family tank instead of my tank :wink: . He doesn't know hes getting it yet, but just wanted to know if anyone has anything to say about them. I know they are reef safe so I am hoping he'll be a perfect fit in my tank.

very nice fish! great swimmers, fun to watch, non aggressive, plays well with other fish. Very nice addition.

Have had one now for just about 1 year. Since that time she has doubled in size and is now about 7". Beautiful fish, sometimes shy, always very friendly. I have seen her swim into the middle of a fight just to break it up. Very active, so the tank you have should keep it as happy as a lark. does not bother any inhabitants. I also have cleaner shrimp and she allows herself to be cleaned (only when she thinks I am not looking though :lol: ) Voracious appetite. Feed lots of veggie matter. I use nori and vegi flakes a lot. Also loves the meaty foods. She basically eats anything I put in there with 'much gusto.' HTH

great fish. Ive had mine for about 4 months, trust me, it will become your favorite fish in no time :)

Well it's a girl! I think. It's still a baby, has the spots and everything. about 2 1/2-3 inches, how long will it be before I can tell for sure if it's a male or female? P.S. My son named her spot :D

I asked the guy at my LFS and he told me that not until they reach about 7in. dont know if its true but Im waiting see also ( mine is about 3 to 4 in. and still has the same shape tail from when I got it at 2 to 3)

:) I don't think that the name spot will hold for too much longer. That was about the size of mine when I acquired her. as far as sexing the tang, I think that is not too easy to do, even with grown fish. I don't have the answer for you but it should not be a problem unless you wanted to start a Naso family :D I just call mine princess because she rules the tank, she may well be a he for all I know :)

Back
Top Bottom