nassarius snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok... I bought 4 nassarius snails about 2 weeks ago.. and now I have small snails swimming on my glass in the middle of the night...

I have one question.. how long does it take these things to reproduce? is it possible they were pregnant / carrying when I got them, and just decided to "unload" once they got into my tank ?

thanks,
thane

Nassarius snails are egg layers. And from what I've read, are amost impossible to propagate. Not sure what your seeing at night but, I doubt they are nassarius. Perhaps something on you lr hatched.

I would agree, what else do you have in the tank? If you have nothing else that would eat the eggs...maybe.

just the two clowns, a crab (emerald) and peppermint shrimp and a few blue legged hermits..

fluffy i thought the same.. so i have no idea :(

I have some new born nassarius and Astrea Snails. I thought it was normal since i always heard of FW snails reproducing like crazy. My urchins reproduce rapidly also.

oh yeah.. i neglected to say two astrea.. (i thought they were astrea but the guy at the store kept telling me he was going to give me these other ones that ate algae better, but by the looks of it they are astrea)

the snails in question are about a cm long, and black..

The black ones are whelks i believe, and they reproduce in teh tank. The true nasarius have white shells w/ tan lines.

Back
Top Bottom