Natural Removal Of Bristle Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbumin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking for a safe natural removal of some of the Bristle worms in my tank. I have heard that Dottybacks and Arrow crabs do an excellent job but I have a small Petersons cleaner shrimp in the tank and I am not sure if the crab would bother him. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated! Thanks

i heard that mandarin fish eat em but i havent been brave enough to risk buying one yet lol

The yellow coris wrasse will hunt them and eat them as well as the neon dottyback, arrow crabs are not reef safe IMO. The wrasse may or may not try to eat the shrimp.

However, I do not recommend that you remove the bristle worms, the predjudices of the past have been overcome and the hobby now sees them for what they are, beneficial detrivores and an important part of a reef ecosystem.

Thanks for the opinions guys!! It is a big help. Reefrunner I agree with you about leaving the worms but i seem to have more than a few in the tank! I was pretty sure that the arrow crab wasnt the best idea so I'll def. stay away form that one.. Thanks Again! -Brad

Back
Top Bottom