NB seeking some advice.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lildodoo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am interested in setting up a 50 gal saltwater tank, and would like some advice on what kinda of tank I should get. I am looking at the sea clear system 2 tank that has the built in filtration in the back or just the tank alone w/o the filtration system. Been looking for reviews on the system 2 but haven't found any user reviews. Anyone have any experience with the system 2 tank for saltwater use, pros and cons? Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Im not sure how much those systems cost, but from what I have seen they are quite expensive. Ever thought about buying the things seperate? Tank, stand, filtration system?

I have considered getting everything separately but really like how the system 2 looks and having everything hidden in the back. If it works well with a saltwater setup then I dont mind spending the money, that's why I am here to see if anyone has any experience with this tank.

The goal would be to keep everything hidden yes :) Usually this is done under the tank in an aquarium stand. A lot of people use sumps in order to hide equipment, and for it to be a sort of filtration unit. However as far as these systems go, I do not know. Sorry :( If you ever decide to buy things separate, many could guide you along :)

I got a "clear for life" tank which is similar to what you are talking about. I ditched the wet/dry system and filled the back compartments with LR with a skimmer and the only thing I can say that is a + for the system is that it won't leak. You can go with Mike's suggestion alot cheaper then the all in one tank that you won't need more than half of the stuff supplied with it.

Back
Top Bottom