Need a little help turning my LR purple...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herndo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I killed off my live rock with copper about a year ago. (Thanks fish dept. guy from PetSmart! 0X ) Well, I've learned a lot since then and my tank is cruising along nicely now. I've added some more pieces of LR and Worm Rock to seed the coraline algea back. I have a handful of puple spots on some rocks but I'm trying to get it to break out and turn that beautiful purple color. I blow the rocks off regularly and I just recently learned the importance of General Hardness and Alkalinity as it corresponds to calcium level and the ability for coraline algea to grow. So my calcium is not at 495ppm and my Alkalinity was at 7. Pararmeters are now in line and I was wondering if there was anything else I can do to kick my purple in gear.

Your Ca looks high compared to your Alk. Should shoot for Ca around 450 and an alk between 9 & 11. I've heard that doing a little scraping of your coraline will cause the spores to spread to other rocks. I've had to do nothing other than keep my Ca/Alk at the numbers above and wait. In 3 months time I have at least 1 rock that is completely indistinguishable from my LR and the rest have nice purple on them. I'm already getting growth on the back wall (yuck, but that's a personal preference). I have some emeralds, hermits and snails that might be helping my plight as well.

you should try the Purple Up Coraline Accelerator work really fast, i have purchase them on ebay and i could really see my live rock begin to turn purple plus i have the same problem with my live rock because of people from lfs told me that the med doesn't contain any copper but after i added i did a little more reseach and they do contain copper but now i could see my rocks begin to turn back to live so i am happy with the purple up coraline accelerator

I was looking at this Purple Up Coraline Accelerator on ebay. How do you add it and how much lasts for how long? Is it dangerous to anything in the tank?

DJ

Back
Top Bottom